About Institute of Internal Auditors
The Saudi Institute of Internal Auditors is Professionals Institute, established under the Council of Ministers Resolution No. (84) dated 28 February 2011, the non-profit affiliate of the IIA that is locally under the supervision of the Ministry of and Investment. IIA Saudi Arabia governed by a Board of Directors whose members are Internal Audit experts based in Saudi Arabia.
Goals and Objectives of the Institute:
- Provide international internal auditing standards, professional ethics, and other professional guidelines related to internal auditing and issued by the International Institute of Internal Auditors ("IIIA").
- Create and develop guiding materials and manuals and provide internal auditing-related knowledge and information.
- Hold examinations for IIA's professional certificates.
- Develop and implement internal auditing-related training programs, continuing professional education programs and diplomas to improve the scientific and professional levels of internal auditors, and issue related certificates.
- Provide technical support to control the quality of work related to internal auditing and develop means to improve professional performance.
- Develop studies with regards to regulations rules, and standards related to internal auditing work and offer suggestions concerning them to the competent agencies.
- Hold conferences and professional gatherings in the field of internal auditing as per the applicable regulatory procedures.
- Seek to promote public awareness regarding internal auditing.
- Strengthen relations with internal audit-related agencies in and out of Kingdom, and determine and activate common areas of interest.
IIA Saudi Arabia is a Full Institute under IIA Global Institute since July, 2012. The IIA
To be the professional reference and voice of the internal audit profession in Saudi Arabia ; work actively to develop , promote and disseminate the culture of internal audit ; develop close relations with relevant international professional institutions; and provide its members with all services they need.